Psychology recognises the importance of a 5 in Maths, English and one Science, preferably Biology. This is because 25% of the course involves mathematics and there is a large emphasis around the anatomical features of the body, including the brain.
You will have 9 one-hour lessons across a fortnight with two specialist teachers. We advise that you allocate at least one hour of Private Study to Psychology and engage in at least five hours of independent learning for Psychology each week.
Specification link: www.tinyurl.com/AQAPsychology
- Social Influence
- Research Methods
- Issues and Debates
- The Complete Companions: AQA Psychology Year 1 (ISBN: 978-0198338642)
- The Complete Companions: AQA Psychology Year 2 (ISBN: 978-0198338680)
To prepare you for Year 12 Psychology you may wish to:
- Read ‘Introducing Psychology: A Graphic Guide’ (ISBN: 978-1840468526) for a basic insight into Psychology.
- Start to research into the topic areas above to widen your background knowledge. A good place to start is the department Twitter account (@HBKSocSci).
- Watch videos on some of the key studies in Psychology including Zimbardo, Milgram, Asch, Harlow, Ainsworth, Sperry, Pavlov, Skinner and Bandura (Search these on Youtube!).
- Join our Seneca group to learn and test your psychological knowledge of the course (https://app.senecalearning.com/dashboard/join-class/f4vjc7ayjp)
Year 11 transition work:
- Summer preparation for Year 12 Psychology
- Y11 preparation – extra