A-level Health and Social Care
Specification link: www.tinyurl.com/EdexcelHSC
- Unit 1 – Human Lifespan Development
- Unit 2 – Working in Health and Social Care
- Unit 4 – Enquiries into Research
- Unit 5 – Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Unit 7 – Principles of Safe Practice
- Unit 8 – Promoting Public Health
- Unit 10 – Sociological Perspectives
- Unit 12 – Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
Extended Certificate students will complete unit 1, 2, 5 and 10 with Diploma students completing all units.
- BTEC National Student Book 1 (ISBN: 978-1292126012)
- BTEC National Revision Guide (ISBN: 978-1292230443)
To prepare you for Year 12 Health and Social Care you may wish to:
- Start looking or pursuing for voluntary placements in the Health and Social Care sector so that you can apply your understanding and skills to both your learning and your practice.
- Read about current affairs within the news around the NHS and Health and Social Care sector. A good place to start is the department Twitter account (@HBKSocSci).
- Research into local Health and Social Care providers in the area – What services do they provide? How does this benefit service users?
- Research into the impact of pollution and/or bereavement on an individual living in Cambridge. How do these factors impact their PIES development?