Year 8 Science
There are 6 units of study in Year 8:
- Energy transfers and renewable energy
- Winner takes it all Food webs and competition
- The illusionist Electricity and magnetism
- We will rock you Rocks and plate tectonics
- A whole new world Cells, reproduction and foetal development
- Tomb raiders Periodic table and chenical reactions
At the end of each unit there will be a test graded with a National Curriculum Level.
(Classes may study the units in a different order to maximise efficiency of laboratory resources)
Science homework will be set weekly. Teacher will set homework that is relevant to the topic being studied. Details of the homework set should be recorded in the planner, and in some cases will be detailed on the teachers webpage (accessed by clicking on the picture of the teacher). In some cases homework projects will be set. These projects will usually be set as two weeks worth of homework.
If you need further information about homework, please e-mail the relevant teacher by clicking on their name on the science home page.
Science homework booklets for year 8 are:
Websites to look at to help revise for tests or generally find out more: