- Why are countries at different levels of development?
- How can countries improve their level of development?
- Where and why is the world’s population growing?
- What are the impacts of population growth?
- How can population growth be addressed?
- To exemplify the differences in global (economic) development
- To compare how the quality of life varies around the world.
- To explain the reasons for countries’ varying levels of wealth
- To know that children around the world have very different lives? To suggest how children’s lives could be improved in poorer parts of the world
- To explain how aid and Fairtrade can help LEDCs develop
- To describe global population growth and its variance around the world
- To explain why global population is growing
- To define overpopulation, describe its impacts and suggest strategies for its management
- To evaluate China’s One Child Policy
For general revision guidance click here.
BBC Bitesize – Development
Want to know more?
Guardian – Global Development
National Geographic – 7 billion people
7 billion people – 7 billion actions
China’s One Child Policy – facts and details
China facing One Child Policy dilemma – BBC news video
Migration – push and pull factors
Asylum seekers – life as an asylum seeker game
How would you solve the global unequalness?
Try to develop a plan to eradicate differences between LEDCs and MEDCs.
How should countries manage their populations?
How could a country deal with:
– an ageing population?
– a youthful population?