- What types of energy are there?
- How much energy do we use?
- What problems can energy use cause?
- How can we manage our energy needs for the future?
- To classify different types of energy
- To describe how energy consumptions varies around the world. To create a personal living energy graph
- To calculate a carbon footprint and to explain the reasons for the carbon footprint
- To explain the reasons behind the disparities in global energy consumption
- To explain the causes and consequences of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill
- To present Gulf of Mexico oil spill news reports
- To describe the causes of acid rain, its problems and to suggest solutions
- To explain the causes of global warming and classify its impacts
- To identify and justify the biggest problem caused by energy consumption
- To propose a solution for the global energy crisis
- To debate the potential solutions for the global energy crisis
For general revision guidance click here.
Gulf of Mexico oil spill http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8651333.stm
Want to find out more?
UK energy consumption through time http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2012/jun/08/uk-energy-fuel-consumption-interactive
Carbon footprint calculator http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/
Global warming – none like it hot! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2taViFH_6_Y
Design an eco-friendly village. Consider both the individual aspects that a house might have as well as community-wide features. Also, try to think beyond energy provision, how else might buildings/villages be more eco-friendly?
The following websites might provide some inspiration!
St Ives Greenhouse Project http://www.greenhouseproject.co.uk/
BedZed video http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/the-beddington-zero-energy-development-a-sustainable-design-solution/6338